CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
NNOA Education Commitment
The National Naval Officers Association (NNOA) is an organization composed of active duty, reserve and retired officers, midshipmen and cadets, and interested civilians. NNOA actively supports the Sea Services in the development of a diverse officer corps through recruitment, retention, and career development. NNOA establishes and maintains a positive image of the Sea Services in communities and educational institutions. The NNOA Camp Pendleton Chapter consists of men and women from various communities in North San Diego County.
The NNOA is committed to developing and supporting youth who aspire for higher academic education through establishment of tutorial programs and scholarship awards. The NNOA encourages local chapters to establish scholarship funds to support youth in pursuing higher levels of academic education beyond high school.
Chapter Scholarship Background
In 2010, the NNOA Camp Pendleton/Miramar (CPM) Chapter established an Annual Scholarship Program for high school seniors. A key NNOA CPM Chapter goal is to facilitate, participate in and coordinate activities that will uplift our local communities. In an effort to support the youth in this community, the NNOA Camp Pendleton/Miramar Chapter has established a scholarship award with criteria consistent with the mission and objectives of the NNOA.
2019 Scholarship Program
The NNOA CPM Chapter is proud to kickoff its annual Scholarship Program for the 2019 graduation year!
- The 2019 Scholarship Program is open to High School Seniors who are attending and will be graduating in 2019 from a high school within the geographical coverage area listed below, and who have been accepted to an accredited, four (4) year educational institution.
- The geographical coverage area includes San Diego, Riverside and Orange County High Schools that support military School Liaisons.
2019 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- For scholarship award consideration, applicants must meet ALL elements of the eligibility criteria.
- The 2019 Chapter Scholarship eligibility criteria is included as a page of the scholarship instruction letter/application form. Click on the PDF or Microsoft Word icon, below to view and/or download the scholarship eligibility criteria document/application form.
- Questions regarding scholarship eligibility criteria can be addressed by contacting us at email@example.com or 760.763.5370.
2019 Scholarship Application
- The 2019 Chapter Scholarship instruction letter/application form is provided (in PDF and Microsoft Word file formats), below. Click on the desired file type icon below to view and/or download this document.
- Hard copies are available for distribution upon request. To request a hard copy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.763.5370.
Important 2019 Scholarship Details & Dates
- 15 APRIL 2019 – This is the DEADLINE for scholarship application packages to be postmarked!
- 50% of the total applicants selected for the chapter scholarship will be Military Dependents of Enlisted Marines or Sailors.
- Applicants will be required to write a word essay of specified length in the prescribed format as part of their submission package.
- Applicants need to provide validated* documents such as an official transcript of grades, ACT/SAT testing score results and/or college acceptance letters as part of their submission package. *Documents are considered “validated” when they have a raised school seal or other “school approved” stamp/mark.
- Awarded funds are disbursed by this chapter to the recipients college of attendance account. Scholarship funds are not paid directly to the student by this chapter.